There are 3 distinct hotcell facilities at Nuclear Operations and Facilities:
- Centre for Advanced Nuclear Systems
- A suite of custom designed, fabricated and installed hot cells with 5 separate workstations for receiving, machining and waste handling, sample preparation, mechanical testing and optical microscopy examination of irradiated material samples.
- Large Application Industrial Hotcell
- Contains the 10kCi Cobalt-60 source for applications, ranging from sterilization to nuclear dating to instrument calibration.
- Pharmaceutical Grade Hotcell
- Located in the HLLF, access to a pharmaceutical grade hot cell is available for small-scale radioactive work.